Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Day in My Life: Greenville, South Carolina

Hello followers! I am currently typing to you from the mountains of South Carolina. I also am typing this on my phone, so hopefully the post is easy to read on a computer... (If not, I'll be sure to fix it when I get back to my laptop!)
Yesterday I got to take advantage of a little retail therapy in downtown Greenville, South Carolina. I thought I might show y'all what I got!
First off I want to let you know that I am a real foodie. If I'm out if town, it's guaranteed that I'll buy food at some point. So, I just had to stop in Greenville Jerky & Vine, a specialty shop for all kinds of jerky and wine. They had so many flavors and meats to choose from, along with wine and various local foods. I love curry, so I went with Lawless Jerky's Japanese Curry beef jerky. And man, is it good. I will have to ration this bag for sure. (JerkyandVine.com)
Next is Poppington's Gourmet Popcorn. Look how cute it is! Paired with the scents that were coming out of their shop, how could I resist? These little sample baggies were only a dollar, and great for tasting all the flavors or bringing home to your friends from your trip. They make the popcorn right in the shop, and it's a feast for the eyes as well as your mouth. (Poppingtons.com)
The last food item I bought was loose leaf tea from The Spice & Tea Exchange. We have one of these shops in my hometown, but I can't help but stop in. I love loose tea and spices and salts in jars. I also bought a tea strainer so I could have some tea during my trip. I purchased Rose Mint, Pear Caramel, and Ginger Turmeric. They are white/green, black, and herbal teas and they smell amazing. I can't wait to taste them. (spiceandtea.com)
Lastly, I bought these leather rings from Ten Thousand Villages. They are a unique shop that sells handmade items from around the world. Most items have a tag that say where they were made. I went for these lovely leather rings. They are made of a thin, rigid leather and decorated with bright patterns. I bought an extra one for a friend of mine who has a metal allergy. They are super cute and go with the whole bohemian look that is in right now. (tenthousandvillages.com

And that's everything I got from lovely Greenville, South Carolina! Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment