Monday, August 3, 2015

Rainy Days DIY

I don't know about you, but where I'm at it's been pretty rainy lately. Rainy days can either be cozy or kind of dull and dreary. Here's a couple things I've done while stuck inside.


First off, I made red velvet cake bon bons. 
They are so tasty and very easy to make. (And great with your cozy coffee!)

Step one: Bake a red velvet cake. 
You can do this from scratch, but I just used a box mix. Let the cake cool. 

Step two: Crumble up that cake and mix in some cream cheese icing until it gets to a good consistency for forming bon bons. 

Step three: Roll little balls with the cake/icing mixture and place on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate until firm. 

Step four: Melt some semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave and spoon some chocolate on top of your bon bons. Refrigerate again. 

Step five: Enjoy your delicious treat with a cup of coffee and a good book. 
~~~~~~

Recently, AC Moore had a sale on Lion Brand Landscapes yarn. I have marveled at this yarn every time I go into a craft store, but it was just too pricey for me. This yarn is so soft and shiny and comes in gorgeous vivid colors. I bought an armful of "Boardwalk" and decided to make a giant rainbow shawl. 


I love granny squares, so I'm making a half square for the shawl pattern. It's so much fun to watch the colors change and it works up pretty quickly. (If only the temperature outside would change faster as well!) 

Here's the pattern for the half granny square from: rensfibreart.wordpress.com

It's so easy once you get going. And using a colorful yarn is sure to brighten up anyone's rainy day!

That's all for now, thanks for stopping by! 

~Victoria 

No comments:

Post a Comment